Google Firebase is a Google-backed app development platform that allows developers to create apps for iOS, Android, and the web. Firebase provides analytics tracking, reporting, and app crash fixes, as well as marketing and product experimentation tools.
What is firebase and how it works?
The Firebase Realtime Database allows you to develop rich, collaborative applications through secure, client-side code access to the database. Data is continuing locally, and while events continue to take place in real-time and provide the end-user with an experienced response.
The Realtime Database includes a flexible, expression-based rules language called Firebase Realtime Database Security Rules that you can use to define how your data should be structured and when it can be read from or written to. Developers can define who has access to what data and how they can access it when Firebase Authentication is used.
Firebase provides a variety of services:
- Analytics – Google Analytics for Firebase provides free, unlimited reporting on up to 500 distinct events. Analytics displays data about user behaviour in iOS and Android apps, allowing for more informed decisions about improving performance and app marketing.
- Authentication — Authentication simplifies the development of secure authentication systems and improves the sign-in and onboarding experience for users. This feature provides a complete identity solution, including email and password accounts, phone authentication, and Google, Facebook, GitHub, and Twitter login, among other services.
- Cloud messaging – Cloud Messaging (FCM) is a free cross-platform messaging tool that allows businesses to receive and send messages on iOS, Android, and the web.
- Firebase Realtime Database – The Firebase Realtime Database is a cloud-hosted NoSQL database that allows data to be stored and synced in real time between users. The data is synced in real time across all clients and is still available when an app goes offline.
- Crashlytics – Crashlytics is a real-time crash reporter that aids developers in tracking, prioritising, and resolving stability issues that degrade app quality. Developers can spend less time organising and troubleshooting crashes and more time building features for their apps thanks to crashlytics.
- Performance— Performance Monitoring provides developers with insight into the performance characteristics of their iOS and Android apps, allowing them to determine where and when their apps’ performance can be improved.
- Test Lab — Test Lab is a cloud-based infrastructure for app testing. Developers can test their iOS or Android apps across a wide range of devices and device configurations with a single operation. They can view the results in the Firebase console, which includes videos, screenshots, and logs.
- We hope that this guide will assist you in understanding all about the concepts of Firebase. We have concentrated on making a basic, meaningful and easy-to -learn guide to the concepts Firebase. Still if you have any problems regarding this, please post them in the comments section, we will be glad to assist you.
You might like also:
People seem to hate filling out forms and remembering passwords, so including a Google SignIn in your Android application is a great idea. So, if you have a Google SignIn option in your Android app, it makes it easier for your users to SignIn.